Sunday, July 08, 2007

 

Summertime and cooking programmes

I once read that the murder rate drastically increases in Spain during the summer, I presume due to the heat. A physicist friend of mine told me that in Valencia a persons brain swells due to the humidity so is this the reason why?

However I find that people seem much more jayquilo during the summer. I have experienced functionarios actually being polite and useful this week, I would go so far as to say that one of the education civil servants I met this week, went the extra mile and directed us to the correct building. The whole Dr House persona evaporated in the ministry of education this week, and although we still had to savour the queing, I actually left the building with a big cheesy grin on my face satisfied that my objectives de jour had been met.

Everyone seems happy in Alcala, there has been more drunk revelers but less car beeping at 7 in the morning, which demonstrates energies are being diverted in preparation for the August break and the fiestas.

Even the bulls in Pamploma have been generous this July only a couple of gorings so far.

To top the last week, R won a holiday in a four star hotel for us after he appeared on a cooking program. Things can only get better, soon I will be able to find parking outside my flat when everyone else goes on their holidays.

I love summer in Spain and not just because of the weather, everyone and everything feels content. Just watch out for the swollen brains!!!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]