Thursday, June 28, 2007

 

When you have been away from England for too long

I was just catching up on the BBC site to see what was happening in the UK. What struck me was that I only recognise about four or five of the cabinet members announced so far. It will be interesting to see how Gordon Brown does, it is always quite exciting when there is a new Government (even if he wasn´t elected by the people). With luck he will do well and hopefully withdraw from Iraq (or any other conflict which Blair might get the UK into now he is some kind of international peace maker). I have been out of the UK for six years now and was a little bit suprized at my lack of recognition of who the current political leaders are. With Spanish politicians I really wouldn´t have a clue apart from the leaders and the presidents of Madrid and Valencia, but I am happy with this situation because it doesn´t allow me to develop obsessive anger rages when they mess things up. However as part of my political education my objective de semana will be to find out who the ministers are here in Spain and over in the UK.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]