Thursday, June 07, 2007

 

Donating to charity and gaining a stomach ulcer at the same time.

This is the last time I ever comment on Spanish Customer service because I literally cannot take anymore, gradually over the last six years I have become more accustomed to it and just accept it as that it is how it is, but today and yesterday I have been flabbergasted and more by the incompetance.

Firstly it took two days to get the account number and arrange a reciept from the charity, but I can accept this because its probably volunteers which run the phonelines and they obviously have other things on their minds such as the charity they are invovled in. However I finally found myself with the required details to continue with the transaction.

We bagged a lot of the money into those little plastic cases for coins and the notes could easily be counted at the bank. However the "problem" was that we had about 40 euros in assorted coins, none of them in enough quantity to fill the plastic cases, so I thought that we could count them at the bank, at the most with two of us and a bank teller it would take a couple of minutes at the most. We arrived at the bank, I wont name it but they recently bought an English bank, the office was on Avenida America. I immeadiately said to the teller when he had finished on the phone (probably to his friends if the sad prat had any), that this money was for XYZ charity, he looked at the bag of mixed coins and said NO. I replied that we could count them, he continued but they are not in plastic containers, I responded by saying it was for a charity which helps poor children in the developing world and here in Europe, he still refused. I was so angry that I just said how pathetic it was in Spanish and called the sad excuse for a worker a "gillipollas".

After 6 years, this is the worst customer service I have seen, he was too lazy or stupid to spend a few minutes counting money for a charity. What is the point of complaining to the HQ of the bank, if they do anything it will be his boss saying, "why did you do it?" and the reply will be , "because I did", then it will be "well thats Okay"

This is one of the infuriating things about people. How can somebody in a position of responsibility not give a shit, all he had to do was count the money, which I thought is what a bank teller does.

I just hope that Karma was working today.

Lets just hope that there isn´t an earthquake or something in his barrio and money can´t reach them because the bank tellers in doner countries can´t be arsed counting money and doing their job properly.

just a final word, he was such a gillipollas.

Grrrrrrr

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]