Tuesday, May 22, 2007

 

Voting - la fin

I have enjoyed this Spanish election, because the last time I voted in Spain I was influenced by the Americas Cup, so I voted PP in Valencia (probably a big mistake). This time we both decided long ago that we would vote Green, and yesterday I found an extra reason for placing my cross next to them, well two reasons really. One the Greens candidate in Alcala anglicanised name is Julius Caesar (one of my favourite historical figures), secondly because yesterday while in carrerfour, a man dressed as a chicken came up, although in Spanish I always say duck after several times I have pronounced Pollo the wrong way, I once informed R´s mum that I really really love cock, and the Duck man spoke English. Who could not vote for a English speaking green duck? I must admit though, I did feel a bit guilty driving past them when leaving the store pumping who knows what into the air.

My friend Alison also saw the Chicken in the Plaza los Santos Niños in Alcala (click here)


Los verdes website
Apart from environmental concerns the Greens sign is a Sunflower, my friends in valencia own a bar called Girasol on Calle Turia, its the best bar in valencia, so if you are there call in say hello to Nicolas and have a smoke ( they sell tea as well. Super).



Seriously, it has been amazing to see how blogsphere in Spain has viewed the elections. I think it shows that Spain has made people welcome and people feel attachment to the country in such a way that they want to partake in the political process to build a better Spain.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]