Sunday, May 13, 2007

 

family scandal

As I have mentioned before I having been researching my family tree. I uncovered a bit of a scandal tonight. In 1821 my great great great great grandfather was up before the magistrates for drunkeness. I have just discovered he was a higgler, that is someone who bartered goods from one farm or village to another. However his son and one of his daughters later became farmers so they salvaged the family name.

1821.4 PLATTS James (Lea, Ww) Higgler [Drunk] t.i.c. (Blakiston)
1821.4 PLATTS James (Lea, Ww) Higgler [RTO: 17] fine: 20/= (Blakiston)


A twenty shilling fine. In this I am following the tradition, my fines so far have amounted to 420 euros for driving fast and about 60 in parking fines. I will update on the value of this 20 shillings in due course.



This is the view from the town where he lived. I wonder if he stumbled home a few times across here

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]