Monday, May 28, 2007

 

The chicken didn´t win

The green english speaking chicken didn´t win here in Alcala and to be honest I really can´t understand why, obviously people like the extra traffic, fumes, dust and new buildings popping up every hour on the hour.

The mayor patted me on the back in the voting station and I didn´t have the heart to tell him I wasn´t voting for him, but my colleague at work told me that he got in anyway.

The voting system is amazing here, it was very different in Valencia a few years ago. The voting forms were laid out on a table so anybody could see the list you picked up before placing them in the envelope. Also finding the room where I supposed to vote turned into a trek around the school. Still it was nice to be part of something important, and I am sure that in four years time, when we have to walk around Alcala in face masks with automatic asthma inhalers while dodging traffic looking for the last tree, the green chicken will win.



There´s space for at least two blocks of flats and a road here.

Labels:


Comments:
Yeah I had a very similar experience voting here in Catalonia. To make things worse, the party I voted for didn't even win! And they call it democracy...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]