Monday, April 02, 2007

 

Libreria

Libreria or book shop I actually prefer the Spanish version it seems to have overtones of liberty which is what I believe reading brings (unless your reading Chairman Maos little red book).

There is a great little bookshop in Madrid for International books mainly English but also Spanish, Romanian and I think Chinese (so you may be able to buy Chairman Maos bestseller) amongst others. Its called Petras and is near the old santa domingo car park and the oprera house on calle campomanes. They have a great selection.- I couldn´t find a Rebus novel today so played safe and bought one about a British Gangster and the truth about the Angels and Demons book by the da vinci code guy. Theer are loads of cafes nearby and the sabatinni gardens and palace so its great in summer, buy and sit and read in the sun.

One of the things I miss about home is being able to have a bloody good saunter around book shops, but Petras allows me to do this on a smaller scale. I know that I could satisfy this urge by trapesing around the Spanish book shops but it doesn´t feel the same when I have top spend ten minutes trying to translate the blurb.

Even better is that there is a system which enables you to get a discount by collecting stamps on a card, although I must admit that I am always restarting the cards because I seem to lose them between visits. Now I only need to find a kiosko where you can buy a British newspaper for 45 pence not 8 euros 50 cents.




Not a brilliant photo but a great place to read

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]