Friday, March 16, 2007

 

europhobia

Although I am not really a fan of mice the only real phobia I have is Europhobia, but only in the sense of the EU ( I know I benefit from it by living in Spain but I am sure I could still live here if the UK wasn´t in the EU ( and the paperwork could not be any different that is for sure))

The reasons are:

1) A single currency doesn´t work effectively when there are sovereign states I think interest rates should be decided by those they effect most or at least be decided by an organisation which is closely related to the people the interest rates will effect.
2) As a democrat I prefer decisions to be made as near to the people they effect as possible
2) What might be good for Spain might not be for Poland for example. Power distribution is un-balanced in my view in the EU
3) Although there arn´t as many Eurocrats as the Sun says, they are still unelected
4) I like my cucumbers bent (well that is a bit of an exagerration).

I like the four freedoms but not the 120 000 anti-freedoms which seem to have followed.

The story of Endessa therefore does not suprize me. Lowest common denominator barginning results in lowest beneficial consequences.see story I cant relate to the idea that you can be a member of a club but only follow the rules you like.



This is my first time in six years I am not going to Fallas, but have friend over from Ireland and she is a bloody firework!!!!!

Bon nit

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]