Wednesday, February 21, 2007

 

It always catches up in the end.

Those years of bad diet, smoking and drinking have finally caught up. I have to go on low fat diet and have been told absolutely no alcohol. I promise I am not an alchy although my Madrid Helathcards which my doctor printed out for me bare remarkedly close resemblance to those which an alcoholic would have.

Anyway I am now being introduced to the new world of low fat cooking, and I am really enjoying it (at the moment)

Made a low fat pisto sauce yesterday and even R said that it tasted full fat. I am gong to put a few of the recipies online hopefully with pictures. they are lower fat not low fat and I have had to training in nutrician so they could actually be all wrong.

The pisto is easy

a aubergine cubed, a courgette cubed, an onion chopped , I always use loads of Garlic but I reckon at least a quater of a whole clove. A red pepper chopped and cubed. I fried these in a little bit of olive oil. Remember that olive oil is still oil. I also added a bit of salt and pepper and the a couple of tea spoons of sugar (although in the past I have used saccarin and it tasted fine). I then added a tin of the tomatoe triturado, let in cook for a bit and then added chunks of chicken without skin. then I added a glass of water. I let it cook on a very low heat for over an hour.

There was enough for three and I worked it out that it was about 5 grams of fat at the most which is pretty low fatastic.

remember fridge pickers wear big knickers

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]