Saturday, January 13, 2007

 

I have met the two week mark

Smokeless for two weeks its unbelievable. If I can go this far, then anybody can although I do need to aid of super strength patches which have started to turn my love handles red (I am sure its part of the cure) and have doubled my daily ablutions.

Had a great new year in the UK as I think every brit who lives in Spain does when they visit home ( in my case because I have loads to talk about which sounds exciting because I live abroad and fish and chips have replaced E as my vice of choice).

Being back in Spain is also great at the moment, a friend has moved out here which means that I can spend some of my non work time speaking in English for fun rather than discussing the uses of present continuous, and I now think that I have had the pleasure of being in a car with the worlds worst driver. While driving around Alcala they managed to cut across what must be the worlds smallest roundabout and then shout at the other drivers who we cut in front off and pass the blame on to them, two seconds following this they managed to drive through a zebra crossing scaring ( or moving nearer to their God) a couple of pensioners, and then the "driver " turned to me and said " did you see them?" , politely, I replied, " yes" but really wanted to say " off course I fucking did you mad looney but you fucking didn´t obviously". However the so called driver was a smashing person and in my new years think positive campaign I actually saw the funny side after I scraped the flies from my teeth.

My friend who moved here is in a bed sit, but completely different from the ususal divorced forty year old type bedsits I have seen in the UK, its it quite cute ( although if truth be known I do prefer the bedroom being spearated from kitchen).

We have got super new neighbours I was nearly crying with happiness after I met them. Its better than winning the lottery ( in fact got my stake back this year on the Gordo)

I have been a bit of Central Univeristy of Newcastle upon Tyne at work this week, but I actually don´t care enough. I now know that next year I will be back teaching english. The actual customers are great but I just can´t find the mental energy to work for the so called management anymore, although on the one hand I don´t have the morals of Gandi, I am also suffieciently morally distant form a alley cat so I have genuinely decided to call it a day from that place, it is a sort of easy jet of the education sector (except without the wages).

Its quite nice being a non-smoking lottery winning soon to be new job seeker with super neighbours

Comments:
I can't believe your still off the fags as well! Well done and heres to the new job and new neighbours.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]