Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

What a quiet weekend

Am I starting to feel my age I ask myself, well actually I have asked myself this for the past year. I was really looking forward to a quiet weekend. R was in Valencia and I thought great just me and Nova loads of walks around Alcala, and a Chinese takeaway and bottle of wine on Saturday. However this peace was broken by the scummy side of my Spanish family, they thought it would be a good laugh to ring up from the aunties mobile phone i.e. I dont have her number, and wind me up with all the rest of this side of the family. I am still fuming, but the great thing is I can now cross them of the christmas card list. Even my father who never says anything bad about anyone said they are peasents. Well they are Grrrrr.

Now to nice things, I actually pushed myself on to the train this morning, the empowerment was overwhelming, although how I would survive queue protocol in the UK if I went back nobody knows.

I am now bored with Gran Hermano, I never thought that this day would come but a friend of mine said that this is a good thing. I will take his word for it which is why it is on the positive half of this entry.

HavenĀ“t read a newspaper for over a week and have only looked at the guardian website twice so blissfully ignorant of world politics and news at the moment except that Bush got a good beating in the US elections (again this is on the positive side)

This is quite a mundane entry but it is therapeutic nearly as good as St Johns wort.

Comments:
Try the "Independant newspaper" website, it has a more bland version of politics and keeps me calmer.

Heading for Madrid (and Retiro Park) again next year, its certainly better than the UK.

What queuing protocol in the UK, its no longer seen.......?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]