Thursday, November 23, 2006

 

They have stopped shaving

When I travel to work by car I am also accompanied by 1000s of other drivers. Previously in order to leave Alcala in a morning I had to leave at 6:30 to earn the chance to only queue for about ten minutes, but now thanks to the wonderful police who have taken up post on the main roundabout I can leave at 7:30 and still only have to endure a 10 minute wait. But rest assured I will still take the train most days for the environment and all that. However it was noticable that people have returned to what can only be said driving normally, no more shaving in the car, no more using the rat run, no more reading El Pais (I donĀ“t know why but it was always El Pais) while waiting and not looking at the road, no more watching people sigh and mouth swear words, LESS beeping, no more looking in envy as the train speeds past. When I have caught the train this week I also found a seat. It makes one wonder if there will be election soon.

My other environmental news this week is of even more importance I have found a walled space in a park near my house where Nova can run. This will save my foot leather (and legs). Hurrah for Alcala (maybe I should stand in the election its a good slogan!!!)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]