Saturday, September 16, 2006

 

Whats Bill Clinton got to do with it?

Just watched another West Wing and read an article about Jimmy Carter.

I have only been on half days and I am absolutely knackered but quite an eventful week

A few thoughts after first week back at work:
1) Great place to work at not to work for, which I think sums it up. It was great seeing my work mates again, quite a few laughs this week but the dark specture of marking beckons. Still I can always fall back on my philosohpy of if it isn´t marked by end of term it goes in bin, so I won´t mark until end of term. That is a lie???

2) while catching train and walking from station (Madrid still a great big building site) I have nearly been run over twice, and was saved a third time only because I was chatting to a mate but this still didn´t stop me shouting abuse at the driver. Today I was nearly run over my someone with a French registration (bloody Europe hopefully we will never join the euro)

3) Am I getting too old, I am finding it increasingly difficult to get out of bed in a morning and its only first week.

Other thoughts.

1) made R come to D*A supermarket with me today and as usual people were fighting/arguing in the queue. A lady was even arguing in French. Even I look posh in this supermarket but as I snobbishly remarked to R it is good to see how the other half live.

2) Faced up to the fact that I am a West Wing addict. What can I do??? I just can´t say no. I watch at least three episode a day. I will be buying Clintons biography soon (well it is on offer at D*A)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]