Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 

back to basics

I have been back at work and me and R couldnĀ“t pay the phone bill so this excuses my absence hopefully. Phone bill paid and now back on line.

I have started a new term refreshed, although within a week I have had at least one night of insommnia (the non sleeping type not a nightclub) so back behind on my sleep and had to grouch through today. usual thing this week - way too many meetings where our new key phrase of the week is global approach. Last year it was actually synergy!!! So now we must be global, global what I ask?do we have to sing a variety of national anthems, support political regimes of varying political persuasions, where national costumes and be able say hello in a plethora of languages.

No it is just another bollocksy phrase which means nothing except to people who write management guides. Back to basics would be much more useful, sack a few of the looneys who seem to inhabit the international schools universe ( I include me in that) (well not really I am wonderful), spend money on resources and in the words of another globaliser Blair get on with the job.

Before I finish it is good news from the UK, Blair seems to be on his way out. Ohhh the treachery!!! but this time we will all have a smile on our face. Ha Ha ha ha ha (fading out slowly)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]