Saturday, August 26, 2006

 

Week off

I had a great week off work these past 7 days. I have good holidays but this week I actually did some of the things I had set out as objectives at the beginning of the summer hols.

I had wonderful late mornings, after an assortment of wine, meals and visits to the fiesta this week in the town where I live, also a good friend of mine visited and we had discussions about politics (he usually been right and my self not so right) , but never let facts get in the way of a biased opinion I always say, a good gossip about people we know and good wine, food and travel. I also finally finished my book on the Krays (gangter fiction and non - fiction is great, it enables us to think if only we could live our lives like that no worries with parking and never will someone go into us with their trollies in the super market) Yeh , I live my life like that.

It is only in the holidays that I can get out of the town and into the countryside which is so beautiful in Spain. We saw a palace built by Phillip dos (whose Armada we destroyed) although the school system here seems to blame the English weather rather than Sir Francis Drake.

Spain really does know how to look after its old buildings, it cost 4 euros to visit which is a nice change from the Kings ransoms we have to pay in the UK for buildings which I always thought we owned anyway.

As I am writing this there is Spanish Rock blasting out from the fiesta, I would go if it was anything else but SR. I would place Timmy Mallets itsy bitsy polka dot bikini a good 156 places higher than Spanish Rock if I had a top 200 favorite songs special on channel 5. Spanish Rock is an inane attempt at transending flamenco( which is perfectly acceptable ) and trying to mix it with ZZ top (obviously without the taste in beards) while adding a smidgin of T pau. A good analogy would be 15.99 Rioja passing as Helen Shapiro and Spanish Rock being a 46 cent Carton de vino blanco. To sum up my loathing of Spanish Rock there was a great quote in the Krays book, one of them said that a certain criminal was like an easter egg, "nice on the outside but fuck all on the inside". However, you could quite often forget about the nice on the outside, the clothes these Spanrockers wear.........





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]