Wednesday, August 02, 2006

 

Family Tree

Today I made a decision not to touch my computer until I come back from my visit home. The reason is that I have become an addict, not to the darker side of the net but to family history research. I must have spent about 8000 man hours researching my forebears and have made great progress. I am back to the time of Napoleon (who thankfully does not share my genetic fingerprint), and am a total mix of backgrounds which proably does explain a lot.

It is amazing how grounded you can become by completeing this arduous, but very worthwhile, detective work. Once you realise where you are from I think that you can actaully face and deal with some day to day issues.

I recieved a letter from a distant relative in the USA, which had been passed down to him from my great great graet uncle who went to america. This letter described my great great great grandmother who lived to be nearly 100, it said that she was kind, selfless and always thought of others. When I think of how they had to find the money for her funeral for this angel of a lady and I think of the money I waste on frivolities, it certainly puts it in context for me.

Today a car went into my car in Madrid. This is only about the twentieth time this had occurred. No damage the light had only just changed to green which usually means you should be in at least fourth gear by this stage and doing a minimum of 50KMH. It is nice to meet another "safe" driver on Madrid¨s roads. Mr Magoo eat your heart out.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]