Friday, August 11, 2006

 

Back Home??

I have just spent a wonderful week in the UK, mainly down south looking at villages where my family came from. I love the south its is so peaceful (well the villages are) I have to admit anytyhing town bigger than 1000 people in the South tends to turn me to jelly with regards to firstly, the people seem to walk cheetah like at about 30 mph (which adds a certain campness), and secondly they drive like looneys. However today I returned to Spain after leaving my home town at 9 and arriving at my manor in Madrid at 7. Now I understand the security scare in the UK caused some of this delay and this I can cope with I donĀ“t have the mental energy to think about what is happening there at the moment but it was the 5 hours without a cigarette. I smoke a lot and obviously I am biased although would John Stuart Mill agree with the health facism ?(by the way I love Bushes new term Islamic Facists - he could write a paper on the neologism of religous terms). By the end of the journey I hated all airport staff, plane attendants , security staff and my fellow passengers ( I had evil thoughts against the people sat next to me who seemed to be enjoying the journey unaware of my internal agony), infact half of the known world. When I finally arrived to collect my suitcase and ripped open the case like a screaming dervish trying to find cigarettes with dirty clothes strewn round the edges of the case, not really caring who was looking, I grabbed my gaspers went to the nearest smoking point and inhaled.

I chained as usual and next to me a nosy Spainard exclaimed "otra vez" (again) as I proceeded to start on my second "Si , " I screamed, "Soy un addict".

Anyway, now in my flat where I can smoke to my hearts content taking great pleasure in my wheezing.

I am thinking about responding to bbc online "have your say" about the security crisis but I suppose some people have had it worse.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]